by: Chris Haas
The Mansions of the Lord
- As it stands now, the trumpet will start immediately at the start of the slideshow; trumpet will fade and choir will sing V1, V2, notes of V1 “oohed,” V3; then the trumpet will play one more verse (perhaps muted); hopefully, by then, the slides will be over or close; at the last slide, the crowd will stand and the trumpet will play Taps.
- Start with reverence, like you’re in a sacred space and you are unworthy to sing the words.
- I’m going to go slow, but not too slow. It needs to last through the slides, but I think the song is diminished a bit if we go too slow. We’ll try to get the “right” tempo at practice Thur/Fri.
- Remember, long e before vowels (the ages), short before consonants (the mansions).
- Sing the word, “fight,” top of page 2, with conviction and a slight crescendo into it; watch my cut on the “t’s” and “s’s,” such as “fight.”
- Basses (you know :>)), need to hear your climb up the scale on, “mothers cry and no children weep.”
3 Comments on this post:
I like this one a lot, too!